Thursday, January 28, 2010

Returning to the "New" Blog

It's been a busy four months since I last posted, and I've missed my time out here in the Blog-o-sphere with you. I'm happy to announce that an updated version of my current work CARING FOR A DISTANT PARENT will be available during the next month. I'll let you know when that arrives.

I've also been working with my website provider to re-invent my website Parentcare 101, and that will launch in the next month, also.

I've spent a lot of time out and about, talking to caregivers like you at conferences and presentations, answering questions you've asked through the website, and considering how this blog can best help you.

The Parentcare 101 website provides the resources and links you need to help your parents. Time and time again, however, caregivers have shared that they feel overwhelmed and routinely forget to care for themselves. I'd like to let this blog be a reminder that if you don't take care of yourself, you cannot care for your parent.

So first and foremost, this blog will be a place to find ideas for daily mini-vacations and ways to take a break and take a breath. I'll occasionally revisit some topics on helping your parent, but I'll focus on those little ways that help caregivers thrive in this marathon we call caregiving.

Join me here every Tuesday and Thursday!

Blessings on your caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment