Friday, February 18, 2011

Open Up a Talking Card

I hope that you all have been able to add a special activity into your routine. The activity that will refresh your spirit for caregiving. I can report that it's Friday, the day for contra dancing, but I'm not going dancing because...I got a better offer! A good friend from out-of-state is visiting, so tomorrow, we'll go touring, have a sleep-over, and talk and talk. A weekend getaway close to home.

Even if you've got your activity in place, remember to take those mini-vacations on the days when your activity is not planned.

Here's another idea. Ask someone close to you to buy you a talking greeting card. Or go out and buy one for yourself. Check them all out. You can have a mini-vacation just listening to all the talking cards in the rack. For my birthday, my husband bought me one with Ms. M&M Green on the cover. She's wearing those knee-high white boots and a sassy smile. When I open the card, she reminds how being so good-looking can be "such a burden." Sigh! Makes me laugh every time. I've got it on my desk, and when I need a lift, I open that card.

Get a card, get a laugh.

Blessings on your caregiving today!

No comments:

Post a Comment